Monday, January 7, 2013

Moments in Time

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."
~Rose Kennedy~

With the New Year starting and big challenges ahead I've been thinking a lot about the moments of life that shape a person. The idea of your life flashing before your eyes. What important moments would it include?

I'd assume it would be the transformation occasions; graduation, wedding, children, death of a loved one, accident or great adventure.

Or even the smaller but important firsts; pet, kiss, sex, job, love, car, plane trip.

I take my moments and file them like books in a way. I have my comedies, tragedies, romance novels and a few horror stories. No one lives a full life without a whole library. Some books I love to think back on. Others I'd just assume stayed filed and dusty.

But as with all good stories I've found something to take from each one. The great triumphs have made me proud. My mistakes and tragedies have made me stronger and more empathetic. My comedies keep my humor and levity. My loves have taught me who I am as a woman. My horror stories have shown what I can withstand.

But every story is just a compilation of moments. Like an old fashioned flip book where every page must be seen quickly to get to the end result. If you skip pages the picture disconnects and you lose the flow.

So savor the small moments. Don't skip them or rush through only focusing on the next big thing or great achievement. Enjoy the in-between and always look for a way to create a new chapter in whatever story you're in. You never know how it could end.

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
~Rabindranath Tagore~






1 comment:

  1. Love sharing moments...thanks for the reminder! Here's a moment.....here's a moment..........and yet another moment. Life is made of up little moments. Dig in -- a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete