Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thank you very much

Even though the Christmas carols are playing we still have one other holiday to get past. It had something to do with bringing disease and violence to a new world. Today it's about bringing soggy green bean casserole and keeping the kids away from weird Uncle Larry. After that, however, you are expected to think about what you have in your life that you appreciate.

So here it goes:

Red wine.
Once considered the nectar of the Gods I simply think of it as my old friend there to never judge, only relax and comfort me at the end of a long day.

Small children (that do not belong to me).
I love talking to little people. I love how they mispronounce words, have a lisp or a stutter, or tell embarrassing stories about the people they're with. I especially love how excited they get when they realize you are talking to them and genuinely care about what they are saying.

Sweet old people (not the sour, cranky ones),
I love the way they call me kiddo or tell me about their age, always so proud to be _____. They make me smile.

Days when my dog doesn't pee on the floor.

Comfortable pants.
You know the kind? The curl up on the couch with hot tea (or wine) and a movie kind. Ahhhh

Hot Shower or bath on a cold day.
Need I say more?

Warm weather.
I miss it already and will be slightly sad until it returns.

The smell of a barn.
It relaxes me because I know it's my safe haven.

Friends who make you laugh so hard you pee a little.
Those you keep forever.

Lovers that make you laugh so hard you pee a little.
Those you also keep forever.

Surprise packages in the mail.
Or even those you know you ordered (thank you Amazon). It still somehow feels like a gift you get to open.

My three preteen/teenage children laughing and getting along.
It may be the best sound in the world.

A full night of sleep.
Rarely does it occur but when it does-I feel like I have potential.

And finally...

A "take no prisoners" attorney wiling to fight the good fight for me.
She's amazing! (I'll give you her number if God forbid you are ever in need).

Thanks everyone!
<3

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."
~Woody Allen









No comments:

Post a Comment