Sunday, November 23, 2014

From The Horse's Mouth

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
~Mark Twain

I recently had a middle-milestone birthday. The kind that end in five. My birthday falls right before everyone begins thinking about changes in the new year but I start at the end of November.

In looking at my life recently I've realized that as a life coach I am definitely not practicing what I preach. I tell people to follow what makes them happy both personally and professionally. Both places I am missing out on myself.

Don't get me wrong, personally I am so very blessed and happy. I am with the man of my dreams, my kids are such good kids (with issues of course but none that are major), my dog is...well...we'll skip that little bundle of "special." But there is one area I've lost-horses.

They were always in my life from an early age and those large hunks of beauty have even "saved" me on occasion-through rough teen angst/issues to a terrible divorce, they were often my only escape.

When my sweet William (a.k.a Sandpiper) retired due to an injury in 2012, a darling boy that was simply given to me by his owner in 2002, it was hard for me to move on. He was like a large dog, always willing to please, happy to jump any jump and do whatever was asked. It was October of 2013 that he had to be put down due to a slow growing tumor in his throat. Riding just wasn't the same.

But now I'm ready. After a month of a few lessons and working with a "project" horse I may have an opportunity for a free lease over the winter of a nice horse that just needs to keep going while his owner is in Florida. (Cross fingers it pans out).

Meanwhile on the professional front my goal is to jump start my coaching business in 2015. My goal is to niche my clientele to women in transition (divorce, job search, business development, empty nest or healthy transformations....whatever life throws our way really). I'll still keep my male clients of course but every business needs a focus and that demographic I feel could really use a coach who gets them.

So look for big changes in Sandpiper Life and Wellness and a new sparkle from it's coach who will occasionally smell like a barn.

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment