"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
We are quickly coming to the end of 2014 and I have to say this has been an extremely full year. I could discuss the many adventures, changes, challenges and heartbreaks but instead I'd just like to share what I feel are "take aways" or lessons learned.
1) You can't reason with crazy. Crazy can only be handled.
2) Don't underestimate the power of the weather. It has the ability to nurture or destroy.
3) Know what poison plants look like before you go elbow deep into weeds.
4) Five people and a dog can age a house quickly. They also make it into a home.
5) Getting completely rid of skunk smell within a week is impossible.
6) My kids are at an age when traveling with them is an adventure in a cool way.
7) Selling a house in any country is stressful.
8) Being in court is nerve wracking and it's not good to be a nervous laugher.
9) You never know when you get another birthday so enjoy every one like a Queen or a King.
10) Miserable people will always be miserable. Don't try to fix them, just preserve your happiness.
11) Friends are the best at lifting a spirit or soothing a soul.
12) Waking up every morning with someone you love is almost as nice as kissing them good night.
13) Too much squash in a garden is a bad thing.
14) Teenagers "in love" are oblivious to the world around them. Sometimes you have to take their blinders off.
15) There is nothing that tugs at the heart more than seeing someone you love in pain.
16) Not everyone can save themselves. Sometimes people need a hero.
17) Old dogs don't learn new tricks.
18) And last of all, I'm not Wonder Woman. I can't seem to juggle a magic lasso, a crown and a couple of bullet proof bracelets while still getting the invisible jet serviced and keeping my day job with out dropping items, letting people down, revealing my secret identity or letting the bad guys get the best of me. Sometimes you have to pick and choose what you will fight through and what you can maybe pass on to Superman. Sometimes you have to admit you can't save the world and settle for saving what is closest to your heart.
So my best advice is to follow your heart in 2015 and see where it takes you. What have you got to lose?
"This above all; to thine own self be true."