Saturday, January 31, 2015

Just Listen

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."
~Ernest Hemingway

How often does someone listen to you? I mean REALLY listen. They aren't checking their phone, looking around or fidgeting. They are glued to everything you say.

It's hard to find in todays ADHD paced world. But that is exactly what a coach does-listen.

I often get asked what a coach is for and my short answer is to help you create whatever it is in your life you feel you are missing. It can be a new career, a healthier lifestyle, a new path after a large life change such as divorce, empty nest or a new family. I have helped with relationship coaching, addiction, parenting, business development and simply getting back to things in one's life they love. That's the great thing about Life Coaching-the directions are endless.

And let me be clear-I don't tell you how to do it. YOU tell you how to do it. Coaching is based on the belief that you have the answers to make your changes, get unstuck and move forward. My job is to help you sift through everything by carefully listening, asking the right questions and helping you organize a plan and stay motivated and connected to that plan. No one can decide what is better for you than you.

One of the best coaching quotes is by Confucius: "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."

Because that's what it's about; taking action, changing perspective, keeping motivation and holding onto a hope or dream.

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
~Henry David Thoreau



No comments:

Post a Comment