Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Next Chapter Please

"You don't just have a story, you're a story in the making, and you never know what the next chapter is going to be. That's what makes it exciting."
~Dan Millman

You can't get to where I am in age and not realize how many stories you've been a part of. I know personally I've had definite chapters of my life and even different characters. I am certainly not anything like the me at 15, 25 or even 35. Each one of those ages have shaped me and contributed to the me that is now but those ladies seem like entirely different characters in the book of my life.

So here begins yet another chapter with new goals and dreams. I'm devoting myself to a handful of projects that I hope by sharing make me somewhat accountable to you (whoever may read this) as sort of my reader/coach in the respect that I don't want to let myself or you down.

So here it is:

1) Get Sandpiper Life and Wellness up and running as a sustainable coaching business. I've always juggled my clients with other jobs and that has seemed unfair to them and me. So through advertising and word of mouth as well as finding possible speaking engagements I hope to consistently obtain new clients to make it a stand alone business I can devote my whole heart to.

2) Write. I have a book I've been working on for over a year, only doing it little by little. I've been taking one to four hours a day lately to just write/edit/write. Even if it never gets published I want to finish.

3) Be more accessible to my family. They need me in ways I was missing over the last year and it has come with a price. That has to change.

4) Do more of what I love. Who doesn't want that right?

So I'm starting the next chapter both figuratively and literally. I'm lucky to have an amazing husband to support my dream and encourage every idea, no matter how crazy.

And if you're reading this and it strikes a nerve, if you also have dreams or desires that aren't happening or you feel stuck in a place in life you can't quite find the escape hatch for, maybe you need a coach? I happen to know a little company....

"It's better to risk starving to death then surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what's left?"
~Jim Carrey


No comments:

Post a Comment