Friday, February 27, 2015

A Letter To My Husband

"Who, being loved, is poor?'
~Oscar Wilde

To my husband,

In such a short time you have taken on a cross country move, a nice (and often problematic) house, a new job, three children and a dog.

You left your beautiful little place in a bustling European city with little responsibility and care to be a part of what can seem like a combination of joy and insanity.

You've made family dinners an often two to three hour discussion of laughs and exploration. You've become a confidant and friend to two kids who so desperately needed you in their lives. You've put up with the never ending drama of the forever ex, not that he wants to be a part of his children's lives but more accurately never wants anyone to be happy.

You support me and my ups, downs and times when, as a parent, I want to bang my head against a wall until I forget I have kids (Rarely happens but now with one certain child the wall is calling).

And you love me, us, unconditionally.

And we you.

Thank you <3

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
~Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment