Saturday, July 4, 2015

Hopes and Dreams

"If you don't like where you are, then change it.
You are not a tree."
~Jim Rohn

Do you have a goal, a dream, a plan or even a fantasy? If I were to ask you to quickly name the first thing that you are unsatisfied with in your life what would it be? Don't think abut it, follow your gut reaction.

What is keeping you from trying to change it? Most of the time it's typical excuses.

I don't have time. I don't have the resources. I'm too scared to shake things up. What if I fail? It will be too hard.

With eight years in the fitness industry, I would hear excuses all of the time about exercise. I should lose some weight before I go to the gym. I'm always too tired to work out. My schedule is too busy.

We all know that exercise boosts your energy, metabolism and mood. Waiting to get fit until you drop pounds is like waiting to change the oil in your car until your engine locks up. It makes no sense.

I hear the "lack of time" excuse in my coaching practice about everything from healthy meal preparation, exercise, business development goals, relationship issues....the list is endless.

If I were to tell you that you had an extra hour every day what would you do with it? Now, if I tell you there would be one less hour in your 24 what would you give up? Now swap one for the other. Does that seem too simple?

I understand the pressures of work, family and personal time balance. When it comes to your health, what is more inconvenient; extra time on healthy meals and fitness or type two diabetes and cardiovascular disease?

As far as your happiness, who else is more important? If you have a goal, whether it be professional, personal or outright crazy in nature, isn't pursuing that goal, chasing happiness, better than staying stagnant and stale? What is happiness worth to you?

"A dream is a wish your heart makes," according to Disney's Cinderella. There seems to be a shortage of Fairy Godmothers. Without a Bipity Bopity Boo answer, the only alternative is to fight for our dreams, work for our goals and accomplish something.

What are you willing to fight for?

"A goal is a dream with a deadline."
~Napoleon Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment