Sunday, November 8, 2015

Off Balance

"My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows, The pina and colada."
~Ellen DeGeneres, Seriously......I'm Kidding

How often do you feel off balance? Something is pushing you to the side and making life a struggle to get back on the tightrope.

Balance is a common coaching area. Balancing work, kids, chores, health and exercise can be a constant Jenga wall, one false move and everything crumbles.

Keeping balance takes energy, creativity, and planning. I often hear, "I just don't have time." And that can very well be true. A person does need to sleep on occasion. But more often than not if we really look at our schedules we can prioritize our time.

Maybe it's less television, internet searching, youtube watching or game playing that can give us more time to plan healthier meals, get more exercise, spend more time with family or do something creative and progressive for ourselves.

Balance.

I try to eat healthy, but I have my occasional onion ring craving. I exercise regularly, but I absolutely have my "just don't feel like it" days. I can carry myself professionally and still swear like an Eddie Murphy stand-up routine with my friends (sorry mom). I can work hard, play hard, and enjoy both. I can devote my time to my kids and yet breathe a small sigh of relief on the occasions they decide to briefly see their dad.

Balance.

So that is a huge part of my job, helping people find their balance. Whether it's an 18-year-old student or a middle-aged man or woman simply always fighting that gravitational pull.

Which way is gravity pulling you?

"Life seems so am/pm. But really it's not as balanced as all that."
~Jarod Kintz, A Zebra is the Piano of the animal Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment